Book International driving licence changeover package with RAC School of Motoring in quick and easy!

Your International Licence Changeover just got easier!

Book your driving licence changeover with us and our experts will help guide you through the licence changeover process.

Book your International Licence Changeover Package Now

Please note our office opening hours are:

8am - 5pm Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm Saturday Closed Sunday

Ready to book your lessons?

Our new online booking system makes it quick and easy
Choose an instructor in your area and pick what time you want your lesson.
It takes less than 3 minutes!

Get started here!

New Offer

At RAC we love options

At the RAC School of Motoring, we love options! We understand that learning to drive can be a significant investment, which is why we offer flexible payment plans that allow you to choose the option that suits you best. With our payment plans, you can enjoy quality driving lessons without compromising on your budget.

Three lessons for $97 - Are you eligible?

Keys 2 Drive Requirements

  • You hold an Australian learners permit
  • Your supervising driver (i.e. Dad, Mum, Friend, etc.) holds a full Australian driver’s licence*
  • Both you and your supervising driver must attend the entire free lesson
  • You are not an overseas licence holder upgrading to an Australian licence
  • You are not upgrading from an Automatic Licence to a Manual Licence
  • You have not held a full drivers licence in Australia or overseas
  • Under 25's only

RAC School of Motoring Requirements

  • New customers only
  • Never previously undertaken a Keys 2 Drive lesson
  • Must have a FREE LESSON ID obtainable from the Keys2Drive website

The Keys2Drive lesson will serve as one lesson from our $97 three driving lesson special offer


Please note our office opening hours are:

9am - 5pm Monday - Friday Closed Saturday & Sunday

The RAC School of Motoring has dedicated driving instructors that specialise in International Licence Changeovers in Brisbane

You can now stop searching for ‘International Licence Changeover Brisbane’ and ‘Can I drive with my international driving licence in australia’ you have found the driving school in Brisbane that can help you get your International Licence exchanged for a Queensland one.

“We are the experts in International Licence Changeovers”

The prospect of learning to drive can often be daunting, more so if your first language isn’t english. However, this is where our expert International Licence Changeover Instructors stand out from the crowd, with many years of experience working with people whose first language isn’t English - They are cool, calm and relaxed and explain methods simply, avoiding confusion and have the ability to give instruction and answer questions in a fashion that is easy to comprehend.

If you feel that you are ready for your driving test, you can book our International Licence Changeover Package Online but we recommend having at least one 60-Minute Driving Lesson with an RAC School of Motoring instructor prior to your test day. This lesson is an investment and will certainly benefit you.

This preparation lesson prior to your test day will provide insight into the way that you drive currently, enabling your instructor to suggest changes in your technique and spot any ‘bad habits’ that you may have picked up over the years.

Your expert instructor will explain to you how the driving examiner will expect you to undertake certain tasks and having this lesson at least one week prior to your driving test will give you plenty of time to practice, implementing the tips from your instructor and make the suggested changes habitual, massively increasing your chances of passing your practical driving test at the first attempt.


  • When should I engage a professional and Why?

    • You should engage the RAC School of Motoring to prepare you for your International Licence Changeover Driving Test as soon as you have successfully completed the Written Road Rules Test at your local Transport Office.
    • “You can learn to drive on your International Licence however, as of January 1st 2014, If you hold a foreign licence and you fail a practical driving test, your authority to drive on your foreign licence will be withdrawn.
    • You will be able to use your foreign licence for the next practical driving test that you take. If you need to practise before taking your next test you will have to get a Queensland Learner Licence.” - Queensland Department of Transport
    • Incurring the cost of obtaining the Queensland Learner Licence can be avoided by preparing yourself for the practical driving exam by engaging a professional, International Licence Changeover, Instructor from the RAC School of Motoring.

  • What is Included in the International Licence Changeover Package?

    • The International Licence Changeover Package includes collection from home or work 1-hour prior to the start time of your Practical Driving Exam - You’ll drive to the designated test centre giving you the opportunity to get some final practice in immediately prior to the test. You’ll also receive assistance in completing the necessary paperwork if required, car hire for the practical test and drop-off at home following your test.

    • Book your International Licence Changeover Package Now

  • If I choose to do a 60-Minute Preparation Lesson too, what does it Include?

    • This lesson will give your instructor the opportunity to assess your driving and make suggestions on technique changes, give you tips and tricks to improve the standard and safety of your driving and of course, assist you to drive in a way that will give you the best chance of passing your practical exam at the first attempt.
    • The lesson will start and end from a location agreed by you and your instructor - usually home, work or school/university.

  • Do I need to change my International licence to a Queensland one?

    • You will need to apply for a Queensland driver licence if you:
      • are not an Australian citizen, but before you took up residence in Queensland you were given a resident visa and you have now been residing in Queensland for 3 months
      • are not an Australian citizen, but after you took up residence in Queensland you were given a resident visa and you have now been residing in Queensland for 3 months since getting the visa.